Update by user Feb 28, 2012

Smartflix are real A-holes.They have the system gamed in their favor.

I have not done business with them again. I initially used a Paypal debit card and paypal was unable to reverse the charges. But the last time I used a BANK charge card so I could have some recourse to have the charge disputed and reversed. Bank of America offered to eat the charge themselves but could not guarantee future charges would not accrue.

If you want to have a guarantee of delivery you can pay the post office an extra 70 cents to have delivery confirmation added to the return CD.That would give you proof that it indeed reached Smartflix mailbox.

Original review posted by user Mar 08, 2010

Smartflix.com AKA technical video rentals has found a way to screw customers into ordering rental CDs that they have NO intention of adding to their order.

As I logged in last night and tried to finalize my order, a screen popped up suggesting additional videos. I know I passed on the offer. After clicking submit, I got a screen that said they could NOT process my order. So I tried again and got the same screens. My card was active and in force and in there data based. After a few minutes I got the comfirmation emails that I had placed 3 orders.

Upon trying to contact them I got application error 500, SORRY we have problems and we're fixing them. It was then I realized there is NO alternative way to contact them OTHER than their message submission form, which is out of service. Further investigation into my account revealed no other 10 old charge cards linked to my account, none of which were mine, that I could not delete.

At this point, I cannot contact them and am at THEIR mercy, waiting for them to contact me. They have NO phone number available, no physical address.

I suspect they have tweeked their site to allow them to make false charges so they can use customers' money for a week or 10 days while they process a refund.

Had an Experience with SmartFlix?

Comments

I am probably the most recent victim of smartflix.They swindled me out of a couple of hundred dollars to my cc and never sent me the dvds.

nor will they return my calls or e-mails. Now, after 2 days of writing them regarding the fraudulant charges, they stated on my acct. that 4 dvds have not been returned. In addition, they have no idea when they were shipped or when they are due back.

The note stated "shipped unknown and return due date unknown).

The only thing I could do is cancel my CC and hope they will credit my acct.Looking into the next step.

I also had the scam happen to me, only I was charged for a video that was on back order.It was on tig welding, well that was about 7,8, months ago, I would maybe buy two of the video so we don't have to wait so long.

by the way I'm not holding my breath till I get my rental.

Bad, very bad to run a business.Get it together boy's and ladies, and keep the darn d.v.d.

They are a fraud.I was part of their university program and everything was great until I didn't receive the dvds in the mail.

A month later when I hadn't received any discs I am assured they will be marked as lost in the mail and won't be bothered again. A year later when the university is over and I'm not paying them monthly low and behold they start charging me monthly for the discs I still supposedly have out. I asked about their lost mail policy and they told me they are a small company and can't afford the losses so they hold their customers responsible.

Don't trust anything they say because their customer support (1 person) leaves once they grasp what kind of company they work for.Beware.

smartflix is terrible, I have turned them over to the Attorney Generals office in my state, They are a scam, not a real business..One person works there, part time. You order from them and then the order is forwarded to amazone and then they actually send it to you, it's not a real business..

You need a way to cancel orders on your account on this site. Not happy so far with the way the site works. Vidoe was supposed to be availible only after ordering to find no copies in circulation.

Probe3000
#200406

Improve your skills today! Rent professional how-to videos from the Gurus!

www.ArtisticGurus.com

www.RentArtVideos.com

#200405

Improve your skills today! Rent professional how-to videos from the Gurus!

www.ArtisticGurus.com

www.RentArtVideos.com

Travis Corcoran is a grade one *** and thief.charged my card, never sent dvd's then charged me late fees because i didn't send back dvd's I never got.

I too could not ever gat a hold of anyone or get a straight answer.I will file police complaint with Arlingtom police dept tomorrow.

I second the call for Travis Corcoran to be throw in jail along with all the employess of Smartflix and Heavyink as they are nothing but scammers and thieves.

Not only does Travis Corcoran run that scam video comapnt he also runs a scam comic book site called Hevyink.com. They stole my money and never shipped my order than made fun of me on their site forum.Travis should be arrested and thrown in jail.