Update added by user Feb 28, 2012
Smartflix are real A-holes.They have the system gamed in their favor.
I have not done business with them again. I initially used a Paypal debit card and paypal was unable to reverse the charges. But the last time I used a BANK charge card so I could have some recourse to have the charge disputed and reversed. Bank of America offered to eat the charge themselves but could not guarantee future charges would not accrue.
If you want to have a guarantee of delivery you can pay the post office an extra 70 cents to have delivery confirmation added to the return CD.That would give you proof that it indeed reached Smartflix mailbox.
Original review posted by user Mar 08, 2010
Smartflix.com AKA technical video rentals has found a way to screw customers into ordering rental CDs that they have NO intention of adding to their order.
As I logged in last night and tried to finalize my order, a screen popped up suggesting additional videos. I know I passed on the offer. After clicking submit, I got a screen that said they could NOT process my order. So I tried again and got the same screens. My card was active and in force and in there data based. After a few minutes I got the comfirmation emails that I had placed 3 orders.
Upon trying to contact them I got application error 500, SORRY we have problems and we're fixing them. It was then I realized there is NO alternative way to contact them OTHER than their message submission form, which is out of service. Further investigation into my account revealed no other 10 old charge cards linked to my account, none of which were mine, that I could not delete.
At this point, I cannot contact them and am at THEIR mercy, waiting for them to contact me. They have NO phone number available, no physical address.
I suspect they have tweeked their site to allow them to make false charges so they can use customers' money for a week or 10 days while they process a refund.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Technical Video Rentals
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Basically, they closed my account for a fraudulent fraud claim. When I balked, they referred me to their Fairness Department. After a series of about 2 dozen emails,..."
- "I am from Singapore and my monthly credit card is being charged without my authorization. Every week my card is being reduced in funds of USD$39.90 and I'm unable to..."
- "Ad Rev for a Third Party (or AdRev) is a trademark/copyright troll that places false claims on YouTube content. It claims to be some kind of "publisher" that helps musicians..."
- "After applying the product our little pug got a large looks like a chemical burn at the application site it is so severe she has been bleeding and ..."
- "A week after receiving an email stating that my shipment was delayed (order was placed on 11/10), I went online and came across this site. Needless to say, I..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "I found an inexpensive 100 Watt LED. The description was contradictory and lacked the most important information to actually run the thing. I wanted to inform them of the fact..."
- "I recently ordered an electric lift and paid for it with PayPal. I received an e-mail receipt from PayPal but never got anything from Northern Tool and did not think..."
- "Building a home is supposed to be an enjoyable experience. However, Wilson Parker Homes, their preferred lender Bank South and contractors have managed to make our experience stressful and unpleasant..."